Wednesday 17 August 2011

One step chicken curry or Delicious Onion chicken curry (I cant decide on a name!)

Who doesn't love a good curry? Particularly in England's wet weather, there is nothing that can keep me quite warm inside like a good spicy curry can. Most of the people I know are game for dinner of curry yet they all shy away from making one. Why you ask? Because curries always involve a lot of frying, grinding, mixing and seasoning of masalas and one wrong step can frankly ruin the flavours. So, for all of you who fancy a curry but don't wanna spend time on it. Here is a recipe for you. Came across it by chance and loved it when I ate it and then swore by it when I got the recipe. It is literally a one step chicken curry.

Here is what you need,

  • 1 kilo Chicken with bones (Don't really fancy boneless chicken unless the recipe absolutely calls for it)
  • 1 kilo Onions coarsely chopped
  • 1 bunch of curry leaves
  • 3 tbsp oil
  • 3 tbsp paprika
  • 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
  • 1/2 tsp of garam masala
Method:
  1. In a pot, add the chicken and all the other ingredients and mix it all together thoroughly.
  2. Now put the pot on simmer and cook until the chicken is nice and tender
  3. Serve!
Simple, innit? So no more excuses for curry truants. You have to try this. Lemme know how it worked out for you. 

** Instead of curry leaves, I've tried the recipe with coriander leaves and the result was still yummy. So feel free to try different herbs if you like



**I know, Its about time I got a new camera and stopped relying on my sad sad mobile phone. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! You know I love feedback, so drop me a line..make my day :)

Disqus for Cook's the word