As a person I like to multi-task. I am never doing only one thing at a time and most of the times I get pulled up for this. Like, I can never read only one book at a time or I can never only just be watching televison, I just have to constantly work other things in to the equation. Like when I am baking cookies, I have to make ice cream with the crumbs, or I have to be on phone when I am watching television or sometimes even reading a book. Most of the times it can be rather annoying to the people around me, but like I keep telling them, "trust me, I have a system". So, quite naturally, I am partial to vegetable that can do two things at once, like my little cauliflower florets, which can be appetizers/ snacks and then made into a curry in a jiffy.I have prepared crispy fried cauliflower florets today, but I'll show you how in a few quick steps it can be made into yummy curry too.
Here are the things you need,
- 1 large cauliflower cut into little florets
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 corn flour
- 1 tsp paprika/chilly powder
- salt to taste
- Mix together the flour, cornflour,paprika and salt together along with water to form a thick batter.
- Dip the cauliflower florets into it and coat it with the batter well and fry it in oil.
Now, if you wanted to make a curry out of it, then this is what you would have to do,
- In a large pan, saute diced onions, green chillies, finely diced ginger and garlic.
- Then add diced bell peppers to it and saute until slightly soft.
- Now add some soy sauce and tomato sauce and mix well.
- Now add the fried cauliflower florets and toss it well, until the sauce coats everything.
- Mix a 2 heaped tsp of flour with water and pour into the pan. This will thicken the sauce. If however, the sauce seems too think, then add a little more water to dilute it.
- Let it remain on heat for 2 minutes and then serve hot!