Monday 1 August 2011

Easy Peasy Yummy Brownies

This is such an easy recipe and the best part is that there is hardly any prep time required. Trust me, once you try it, you will be hooked for life.

Things you need:

Flour    - 3/4 cup
Butter   -1/2 cup
Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
Eggs - 2
Sugar   - 1/2 cup
Semi Sweet chocolate - 120 grams
Salt - a pinch

Ganache frosting

Butter - 1/4 cup
Chocolate - 100 grams
Cream - 3 tbsp (optional)

For the brownie:

Pre-heat oven to 170 degree Celsius.
On a double boil melt sugar and chocolate and mix well.
Remove from heat and quickly add the sugar and mix well.
While the mix is still warm add the eggs one by one and whisk well.
Then add the flour and salt mix and combine it well with the chocolate mix.
Pour it in to the greased pan and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

For the ganache:

Melt chocolate, cream and butter on double boil till it mixes well. Then remove from heat and pour over the cooled brownie and refrigerate for 10 minutes till the frosting hardens. Cut into squares and serve.

Pic courtesy, Finecooking.com

2 comments:

  1. Yummm I am definitely going to be trying this at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy!!! I revisited the recipe but this time I did dark chocolate and the result was that, that I wanted to have brownies baby..:) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! You know I love feedback, so drop me a line..make my day :)

Disqus for Cook's the word