Tuesday 16 August 2011

Little chubby egg bites

You know how unfair the world is to an egg? Its always with us for everything yet it never gets to enjoy the glory that chocolate or salmon or even chicken gets. NOT FAIR. You know, the egg reminds me of those studious kids, dare I say nerds, from high school. We need them for everything, from getting those sci-fi effects for class parties to loads of help with trigonometry and algebra and we sometimes even need them to bail us out of our sticky messes. Yet, they never enjoy the attention that the pretties and jocks get. The egg is much the same. From making a custard to delicious chocolate cake, we need them eggs for everything but we never give them their due. So in protest against their unfair treatment and in support of well..eggs..I dedicate the following recipe to them. Its so simple yet such a hit as a party snack. You go eggsies!!!

Here are the things you need,


  • 3-4 eggs
  • 1 cup of Gram Flour/Chickpea Flour
  • 1 tsp Chilly Powder or Paprika
  • 1/2 a bunch of coriander leaves finely chopped 
  • Salt to taste
  • Oil for frying 
See, dint I tell you it was simple,
  1. Hard boil the eggs and cut it in quarters
  2. Mix together the flour, chilly/paprika powder, salt and coriander leaves to form a thick batter
  3. Now drop the quartered eggs in to the batter and coat it well
  4. Drop it in piping hot oil and fry it until golden brown. The oil has to be piping hot so that it does not drink up the oil.
  5. Serve! Yummy eggs!
  6. Oh and for sauce, just make a normal sauce, one part tomato sauce and one part mayo. No sweat!
Ok, dont raise your eyebrows. Just because its so simple, it isnt tasteless. Infact from all the snacks that I serve when I have friends over, this is the only one where I never seem to have leftovers. So there you go, the little chubby egg bites. I love!


3 comments:

  1. That's a fantastic recipe, yumm yumm! Happy to follow your beautiful blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about the pour little eggs!
    And you did something good for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Umm Mymoonah!

    Thank you! I'm flattered! :)

    @Lavieenfribourg

    I know..Eggs for President! :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! You know I love feedback, so drop me a line..make my day :)

Disqus for Cook's the word